How It Works
Text Bidding has been added to NHL auction in order for you to bid wherever and whenever you'd like directly from your phone. This new feature allows you to place bids and receive bidding/confirmation notifications directly by text. In order to use this new feature follow these instructions:
For returning users
- To activate SMS Text bidding, visit the "My Account" section, locate the "Text Bidding" section, and click "Create"
- Follow the activation instructions using your preferred cellular device
- Look for NHL Auctions listings that display a "Reference Number" value, this is the value that you will use to submit an SMS Text bid for your preferred auction listing (if available)
For new users
- Register for an NHL.com account by clicking “My Account” at the top of any NHL Auctions page
- Click “NHL + Auctions” Button at the top of the page. This will take you to the My Account Page on NHL Auctions
- Update Billing information to add a valid credit card to your account
- Look for NHL Auctions listings that display a “Reference Number” in order to Text Bid
Once you have successfully activated text bidding, here’s how you get started:
Send "< Text reference number >";"< bid Amount >" to +19049901334 and your bid will be placed.
You can get the auction Text reference number from both listing pages and each auction page. Look for the mobile sign!
As an example: Sending NHL123;20 to +19049901334 will place a bid of $20 on auction with Text reference number NHL123."